Thursday, April 7, 2011

Progress!

We had our weekly doctor's appointment today, and I have to admit, I was a little nervous. I was afraid he was going to start talking induction and the like (even though he said when I first met with him that I could go to 42 weeks) and I was kind of afraid of getting an internal. Luckily, there was NOTHING for me to worry about. I did get my first internal and it really wasn't that bad - a little uncomfortable, but definitely not painful. In case you might be interested in the state of my cervix, we found out that I was dialated to 4 cm. The doctor seemed pleasantly surprised since I had been telling him that I haven't felt any contractions. I'm actually super excited about that part - I'm taking it as a sign that I'll be able to manage my contractions well once the time actually comes that I feel them. Also, while I know dialation at this stage doesn't mean anything, it is good to know that in the event that we do have to have an induction, my body is favorable.

Speaking of induction, the doctor did mention that he thought I would have the baby sometime in the next week. I don't think Little Z is going to come until next weekend, but we'll see. The doctor also mentioned that if he did see me next week, they'd check the amniotic fluid levels to make sure Little Z was still doing OK. As long as the levels looked good, he'd let me go another week. He did say that if didn't have the baby by Monday, that I could call and schedule an induction if I wanted, but I politely declined and said I'd like to wait:)

So now we wait, but in the meantime, I've made lots of fun plans to keep myself somewhat entertained. I'm going absolutely bonkers already! I've finished almost everything I need to for work and there is nothing left for me to clean/organize at home. I'm really looking forward to the weekend. We're taking a CPR class all day on Saturday, then Eric is making me some spicy buffalo wings for dinner:) On Sunday, I'm meeting up with Julie for brunch and my mom is going to come over and hang out with us in the afternoon. Then, on Wednesday, if Little Z is still not here, I'm meeting up with Cindy for lunch in the city. At least there's some fun stuff to look forward to in the next little while to keep me a bit distracted. And since it's such a GORGEOUS day outside, I think I'll distract myself a bit more and take the dog for another good walk!

2 comments:

  1. 4cm! ah that is a lot! internals definitely hurt more and more as you get further into labor, though ;) tell eric to prepare his hands for lots of squeezing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine...I was actually thinking about that on the way home:P I'll make sure Eric's hands are ready for some squeezing/pain!

    ReplyDelete