Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Fun

Thinking that this might be the last weekend we are sans baby, Eric and I decided we would try to make the most of it! I started out on Friday night with a mini-baking frenzy. I made red velvet cake and cupcakes with cream cheese frosting to celebrate Julie's birthday, then decided to try and make a key lime pie for Eric. It is one of his favorite pies and he loves when I make him special desserts (plus he definitely deserves something special for being so amazing!).  Quite a successful start to the weekend:)

On Saturday we had our coveted Cherry Blossom Date day! We got into the city a little later than we planned, but we got really lucky in terms of the weather and the crowds. It was nice and cool - perfect for walking around, and it was not nearly as crowded as we thought it would be (probably because the forecast called for rain). We were totally planning on having Starbucks for breakfast once we got there, but the Starbucks by L'Enfant plaza metro was closed! Nonetheless we wandered around for a couple of hours strolling through the beautiful blossoms and just enjoying each other's company. It was absolutely perfect! Once we got home, we relaxed for a few hours and I took a nice little nap before we headed over to Julie's place to celebrate her birthday. It was so fun to see her and spend some quality time with friends.

Sunday, we just lazed around for the first half of the day, then got to work on some random chores. Eric was super handy and fixed my headlight that burned out then got the bathroom super sparkly and clean:) In the meantime, I did a final cut at organzing/packing all the baby stuff. I managed to consolidate a couple more boxes and get our diaper cady set up along with our first aid kit and found a nice home for all of the diapers we have! And, I actually made dinner for a change! I love cooking, but I almost never do it anymore since Eric loves cooking and is always home before me:P We also got to enjoy some yummy key lime pie with fresh homemade whipped cream...sooo yummy.

Eric and I were both so restless when we went to bed last night. We read to Little Z, but after, we just couldn't sleep. I think we're both anxious and excited to meet the baby, but it's just so strange not knowing exactly when that will be. I think the whole not knowing is especially hard since we're both such planners...I know it's just the start of all the things we'll no longer be able to "plan," but it definitely takes some getting used to! I guess the other aspect is that there is really not much left for us to do except keep reading our newborn books. At this point, I know that Eric is just so excited to be able to hold and feel the baby - it will finally give him a chance to be able to interact with the baby on a daily basis in a very real way. I definitely forget that this experience is so different for him than it is for me - he's been so supportive and involved and excited, that it's easy to forget that he can't feel the little hiccups or rolls or kicks or pressure constantly like I can. I'm definitely excited to hold and play with our baby, but I'm even more excited to get to watch Eric hold and play with our baby. I feel like I got a head start on the bonding with Little Z and I can't wait for Eric to finally get to experience for himself the same joy and emotions I've felt for the past 9 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment