Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Due Date to Me!

Today is officially due date #1 and I cannot believe how quickly it has come! I've definitely prepared myself mentally for the little guy not coming until around April 20, but reaching this milestone just makes me so excited. It's a bit weird because I still want to go out and meet up with people and do things, but at the same time I'm also kind of afraid to make concrete plans too far in advance since I know that Little Z really could come any day now. I think if he's still not here by the weekend, I'm gonna say screw it and start making plans - I will drive myself (and Eric) crazy if I'm not busy doing something. Sooo, who wants to do dinner or lunch next week???

In other news, today is my last day in the office. I'm still going to keep working, but I'm planning on working from home exclusively starting tomorrow. I have a huge meeting scheduled for this afternoon that I cannot miss, so I decided to make the trek in. Plus, I'm feeling great and am really enjoying the bit of socializing I get to do while in the office. It is funny though to see some of the reactions of people when they see me walking around.  I think I'm starting to make people nervous since it is my due date:P

Speaking of due dates, I wanted to send out a big hug and lots of congrats to our friends Jake and Amanda! They had their baby boy, Bruno on Monday and he is the cutest thing ever! Jake and Eric have been friends forever and we could not be happier for them. We're really looking forward to our trip up to St. Mary's this summer so we can see little Bruno and all the other little babies that our friends have had/will have by then. It's so exciting that we're all having kids around the same time and really cool that our kids will have friends to hang out with when we go up there:)

And now, back to the waiting game.....

No comments:

Post a Comment