Monday, April 11, 2011

Impatient!

As much as I LOVE being pregnant, I am sooo ready to meet our baby! I know he's still cooking and clearly not ready to come out just yet, but I'm just so anxious. I think I finally felt some Braxton Hicks (or maybe really light contractions) this weekend. They were on and off for most of the day yesterday (probably about 10-15 mins apart for the first half of the day), but definitely super mild and nothing unbearable. In fact, I didn't even think they could be Braxton Hicks or contractions until Eric felt my belly and commented on how hard and tight it was! So that, in addition to the info on how dialated I was on Friday got us really excited about maybe meeting our baby soon. I even tried telling Little Z that he should come because we're excited to meet him. Then Eric reminded me that if this child took after me, I should maybe tell him to stay put longer (since I liked to do the opposite of whatever my parents/any authority figure would tell me). However, no such luck yet. I took Buddy for a good 3 mile walk this morning (and I even jogged the last 1/2 mile, which was hilly) in the hopes of starting something, but alas I've got nothing. I guess I'll try again later this afternoon. We are having some eggplant for dinner (tried lots of spicy food this weekend, but that did nothing), so maybe we'll pick up a pineapple for dessert and see if any of those old wives tales actually work....

No comments:

Post a Comment