Tuesday, April 12, 2011

False Alarm

Last night, I was pretty sure that by this time today, we would be at the hospital getting ready to have our baby. But alas, I'm at home writing here, so clearly that didn't happen. I woke up around 1:45 a.m. with some contractions. Nothing too painful, but more intense than the ones I felt over the weekend and I had to breathe through the peaks. After about an hour, we decided to try and time them, and to my surprise they were about a minute long and anywhere from 2.5 -5.5 minutes apart. We timed them for about an hour, and though they had started out to be about 2.5 mins apart they were getting further and further apart. They did stop around 4:30 though (or got mild enough that I could sleep through them) and I slept quite nicely for the rest of the night.  There was a point around 3 or 3:15 where we were both wide awake and Eric swore he wasn't going to sleep for the next 2 days (he did, by the way manage to go back to sleep).  Hopefully all this means we won't have to wait too much longer to meet this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment