Thursday, March 31, 2011

Counting Down

We just got back from a great doctor's appointment! I gained nearly 2 pounds this week, which is fabulous...I was getting concerned with losing a pound then maintaining at that level last week, especially with the concerns about amniotic fluid level and such. I've been increasing my fluids and trying to eat more calorie dense foods that are still nutrient rich and it looks like it's been paying off. The doctor was happy with the test results from the day before yesterday and said that everything looks and feels on track for the April 6 due date. He seemed to think that we'd have a baby by next weekend! I'm not totally convinced and still think this baby is going to come somewhere between the 10-15th, but we'll see. In either case that doesn't give us too much more time as just the two of us. I'm hoping the little guy waits until at least April 7 because I have a huge meeting at work scheduled on April 6, plus we can't get our carseat inspected until April 6 (that was the earliest appointment available when we called 2 weeks ago!). After the 6th, it's fair game though.

Hearing the doctor tell us that we'll likely have a baby in a week or so got me even more excited for our weekend plans! Every year, Eric and I have a cherry blossom date day and this year we're doing our date day on Saturday. We're planning on getting up really early and getting into the city a little before 8 a.m. We'll grab some Starbucks and some breakfast treats then find a nice little area to enjoy the blossoms by the Tidal Basin. We did something similar last year and really enjoyed it - it wasn't super crowded and packed and we got to enjoy some serious quality time together. I'm also really excited to take my weekly bump picture with the blossoms! I had originally wanted to do our maternity photo session during the Cherry Blossom Festival, but our photographer was booked for those weekends. Something about the festival just makes me feel happy inside and all those cherry blossoms just fill me with hope and excitement that always comes with springtime.  We're definitely planning on making cherry blossom date day into a family affair and I can't wait until we can take Little Z for his first peak at the blossoms next year (and I'm super excited for the fabulous prep-tastic clothes I can put him in)....maybe we'll even be able to turn it into our first annual family portrait session:)

2 comments:

  1. omg so crazy! i keep thinking, "i need to see her before she has the baby!" but it looks like that's not happening ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe..i know!! it's so surreal - i feel like i just got used to being pregnant:P
    what are your plans this weekend? i have time on sunday if you wanna grab coffee or lunch!

    ReplyDelete