As I mentioned in my last post, it is really starting to hit me that we could be parents literally any day now. I finally got the nesting bug after our shower and it has been kicked into high gear this week! We had our last Bradley class on Monday and I am actually feeling pretty prepared for labor and delivery (well, as prepared as one can be when you've never gone through this before). It's been such a change since we first started our classes - I remember in the beginning feeling completely scared, anxious and nervous aboutthe birthing process, and now I feel relaxed, secure and excited. If you can believe it, I am actually looking forward to experiencing the whole birthing process and I really think that has a lot to do with what we've learned in class. I also think the class has brought us closer in a lot of ways and I think the reason I feel so confident about giving birth is because I don't feel like I'm going to be doing it alone...I know that Eric is going to be there with me, to help me, encourage me, and coach me.
In other exciting news, we sold the Mustang yesterday! I tried to take a video of the car before it was driven away by the new owner, but my pregnancy brain got in the way and I couldn't figure out how to use the Flip! Yes - I know it's painfully obvious...you click the big red button, but somehow I couldn't figure it out at the time. I'm thinking Little Z is going to very smart b/c he's already taking lots of his mommy's brain cells:P
Another FABULOUS moment from yesterday was finding the Dutailier glider and ottoman we wanted on Craigslist. Those of you with kids know this is one of the best brands out there and soooo comfortable. We had tried some out at Babies R Us when we were crib shopping back in October and fell in love with one that was cherry wood with cream cushions that reclined. It was really big and comfy and Eric absolutely loved it too. The problem was that, brand new, the glider and ottoman were going to cost upwards of $700. We decided to stalk Craigslist pretty religiously starting in December to see if we could find any on there for a better price. We did find Dutailier gliders and ottomans, but most were light wood, or had green or blue fabric and when we did find a dark wood one, they were usually unavailable or had the wrong colored cushions or didn't recline. Yesterday though,I found one that was the exact color combo and style that we wanted and it was still available! It's located in Baltimore, but we figured if we were going to save almost $400 it was worth the drive. We're going to get it this weekend and I'm so excited...just in the nick of time too!
Tonight, we have our first pediatrician meeting and tomorrow we have our breastfeeding class. Eric is installing the carseat this weekend and we're already have an appointment with the police department to get it inspected. This weekend and next week we're planning on getting the last few things we need before Little Z gets here, then all we have left to do is wait and enjoy the last few days/weeks we have together as just the two of us!
BIRTH IS SO FUN! promise. challenging, but definitely worth it.
ReplyDelete