I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since I've updated the blog!! Time flies when life gets busy I guess. It has been a whirlwind of a month for me - things at work have been crazy. I was managing two major proposals plus a pretty large project and there were many many late nights and early mornings. Now that the proposals are done, I finally feel like I have time to breathe and catch up on life.
Since my last update, Eric and I have picked up our new car (a Toyota Highlander), I've bought REAL maternity clothes, and we had our maternity photo session (for a peak at some of our photos check out this link http://ingridkaslik.com/blog/eric-farah/). We've also nearly finished our childbirth classes (last one is on Monday!) and had several good doctor's appointments that have once again made us feel confident about our decision to use our doctor and hospital. Finally, with all the nice weather we've been having, it's really hit me that we are going to have this baby soon!! I was trying to schedule meetings with my colleagues for early April and realized (1) it's only a couple weeks away, and (2) I could be having a baby then. We have been so overwhelmed and touched by all the gifts we've received from friends and family, and it's taken a lot of the stress out of preparing for the baby - at this point I feel like we have all the basics, so even if he comes early, he'll have a place to sleep, a way to be fed, clean diapers, and lots of love...what more could a newborn ask for?
Speaking of the gorgeous weather, our near 80 degree day yesterday put me in a FANTASTIC mood. I LOOOOVE spring - it always makes me feel happy and energized and alive. Seeing the trees start to bloom and the flowers coming out just gives me such a sense of renewal. I'm really excited to take little Z out for walks once he gets here and I really think the nice weather will help me recover faster. Yesterday was also fantastic because my amazing mother-in-law and aunt come by for a visit! They're in town this weekend for my baby shower and Eric and I got to spend some quality time with both of them, which was awesome. Coming from western PA where there is still snow on the ground, they were definitely excited for the nice weather. We enjoyed a fun evening in the city and a great dinner at Founding Farmers. I'm definitely going to miss being a 10 minute drive to the city when we move this summer, but I'm glad we'll be able to take advantage of it for another few months.
Today is another beautiful day and it's also my baby shower! I am so excited to see all my amazing friends and family and am really looking forward to spending time with them. Several of my cousins and my brothers are in town this weekend and I'm also looking forward to a mini-reunion with all of them tonight! I already go to spend some time with my cousins Sadia, Shad and Leshika on Thursday and that just got me even more excited to see Tasneem, Salim, Tariq, Raabia and Waheed today. If it's anything like the way we were in Sri Lanka, it's bound to be a good time:)
And with that, I must be off - time to get ready for the shower, and I get to wear my new maternity dress! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment