As a follow up to my excitement in my last post, I thought I'd catch everyone up on the fantastic weekend we just had! Saturday was my baby shower and it was the absolute best! We were so blessed to have so many friends and family in town to celebrate with. Rissa did an exceptional job organizing everything and hosting and it was definitely a day I will never forget! There was so much yummy food and so many fun people that it felt like time just flew by. It was so fun catching up with people and I was so touched by everyone's generosity. This baby is definitely lucky to have so many people that love him so much!
After the shower, Eric and I met up with his mom and aunts to do a little shopping and got to introduce them to the wonders of Marshalls! After shopping, we headed over to dinner at Begum Auntie's house and spent some time with my family. A lot of my cousins were in town, so after dinner all of the young folk headed back to our apartment to hang out and help us put a dent in our liquor cabinet. Even though we just hung out, we had an absolute blast! My youngest brother gave us a new term for drunk sex (mutual rape - since apparently neither party involved can legally give consent) and we stayed up until the wee hours of the morning laughing and being ridiculous. Eric and I organized and sorted out all of our baby stuff on Sunday, then I met up with my cousins for brunch before running some errands. All-in-all a very productive, fun, and long weekend:)
I was on a complete high this morning at work, and soon after I got in, I got some shocking news: a coworker of mine, due about 10 days after me, gave birth this weekend! I know that technically I am only 2.5 weeks away from my first due date (April 6), but that just threw me for a loop! It made me realize that we could literally have this baby at any time now. I think that, in conjunction with all the baby stuff this weekend, has kicked me into high gear - I feel the nesting phase coming on. I'm finally catching up to Eric who has been nesting for about 2 months now - thank goodness he has though, because now most everything is done! The pack 'n' play is set up, the stroller is set up, and the car seat is getting installed this weekend. I am so thankful for internet and fast shipping right now though - it's so comforting to me to know that even if the baby comes early, we can always order the little things online while I'm in the hospital and it will be at our apartment by the time we get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment