Friday, October 8, 2010

The Meaning of LGR



I finally remembered to scan in some of the sonogram pictures and post them! Yay for checking one thing off my list! Hope you all enjoy them:)

On another note, yesterday Eric was reading through the post and realized that I hadn't actually explained what LGR means or how that nickname for Baby Peks came about (Hussein Mama also asked, so he gets credit for reminding me too:). So, I figured I would take the time to explain this great little nickname now, before we get too far along:)

First, LGR stands for Little Grain of Rice. A very random and arbitrary thing for it to stand for until you hear the story. Probably a week after I found out I was pregnant (right before I left for Rwanda) I was having pretty bad morning sickness, that was basically lasting all day (I hadn't figured out the eating every couple of hours or as soon as I got up thing yet). While I didn't actually get sick, I was feeling really nauseous and just not like myself - I couldn't even make it through a 30 minute workout, and as Eric will tell you, I am not fun to be around when I don't get my gym time! In any case all these changes were going on inside of me and one night I said to Eric "I don't understand how something smaller than a grain of rice could be causing all of this!" To which he replied "Yeah, I don't know either...that's pretty small to be causing all these issues." From then on whenever Eric would ask me how I was doing, he would also ask "How is our little grain of rice?" and whenever I would feel sick or just off, I would say "I think our little grain of rice is not happy with me." We then got tired of saying "little grain of rice..." I mean, it is kind of a long nickname, so Eric shortened it to LGR and the name just stuck! So on this blog you'll probably see us using LGR and Baby Peks interchangeably, but at least now you'll know what it means!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA Amanda and I love it!! We say "cinna bun in the oven!" :-)

    ReplyDelete