This weekend, Eric and I enjoyed some much needed R&R in Pennsylvania with some awesome friends. Our good friends Cindy and Chris had rented 2 cabins just outside of Breezewood and got a group of 14 people together for an amazing weekend .We arrived on Friday night for a fun filled trip that included bonfires, mountain pies, jungle gym obstacle courses, and a trip down memory lane as we finished the weekend with a costume decades party with music commemorating each decade from 1950-Present. So in a word, AMAZING. I forgot how completely awesome it is to be completely disconnected from cell phones and the internet for 2 days. To put the cap on a perfect weekend, Eric and I managed to watch the first 6 episodes of Mad Men Season 4. Like I said, a fabulous weekend.
Seeing as how awesome our weekend was, I expected today to start out equally as fabulously. Big mistake. I was supposed to go in for part 2 of my blood work associated with the NT scan and my appointment was really early. I thought I'd still be able to sneak in a quick workout but no such luck. Then, halfway to my appointment, I realized I left my cell phone at home. Once I got to the Maternal-Fetal Health Office, I ended up waiting for 30 minutes for the nurse to take me back and tell me that they couldn't do the blood work today b/c according to their records, I was only 14 wks 4 days and I needed to be at least 15 wks. Well, my doctor hasn't changed my due date, so according to him, I'm 16 wks 6 days. WTF!! This is so frustrating and I'm actually just really mad at my original OB's office b/c they didn't bother to do an ultrasound early in the first trimester to date the pregnancy (which I've since found out is pretty normal now), and also because they still haven't sent over my medical records to the new OB...I was supposed to have those records 2 weeks ago and they keep giving me the run around. So glad that I switched practices, but alas, I digress. So back to the blood work, now I have to go back to get it done in a couple of weeks. At least I was able to schedule it for the same day as my next pre-natal visit with my current OB, so no extra trips to the office:) I cannot wait until our anatomy scan so they can final resolve this due date issue. I never realized how annoying a couple weeks difference could be! All in all I suppose it could have been worse, but somehow all the hormones amplify all the little things that I used to not even think about and make them a huge, earth-shattering deal. Oh well, at least I can recognize when I'm being slightly neurotic (thank you honey for being so awesome when I fly off the deep end for really stupid stuff:P).
In other news, I am sad to report that I think my 4 inch heel wearing days are nearing an end. For the first time ever I am noticing a slight dull pain in my lower back. Now I know that this probably mostly my uterus is pushing down on something in a funny way, but I have also noticed that my general body alignment seems to be off a bit when I'm wearing super tall heels. I'm definitely not giving up heels all together, but I do think the time has come to start investing in a couple of pairs of lower heeled shoes to take me through the next couple months. I think this weekend I'm going to go on the prowl and see if I can find any cute shoes for work and life that are around 2 inches..I think that's a fair compromise! If you have any suggestions for cute brands or shoes that fit the lower heel, non stiletto requirement, let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment