This afternoon we had our second visit with our new OB, Dr. Tchabo. Couple pieces of good news:
1. I didn't gain any weight (yay! i gained a good amount of weight in the first trimester b/c I couldn't work out and because all I could really keep down was massive amounts of bread. I am hoping things even out weight-wise from here on out)
2. LGR's heartbeat was so good - 153 beats per minute. S/he was hiding from the doppler and kind of gave both me and Eric a little scare, but the doctor found it after a little searching:)
In addition to the good news, we got some bad news (well, not we so much as me)....the doctor told me no more high heels! I told him that I literally owned no flat shoes outside my tennis shoes. Good thing Eric was there b/c now I have a doctor's orders to go shopping for shoes! And since all my pants are long so they work with heels, I'll also have to replace those. Eric's exact words for the doctor were "Well I guess you just gave her a reason to go shoe shopping!"
We also talked to the doctor about how I was measuring at the NT scan, since that was my first ultrasound. He said that even though the baby was measuring about 2 weeks behind that it wasn't really a concern so he wasn't going to move the due date. That means that I am currently 15 weeks 5 days pregnant and we are now due on April 6. The exciting part about this is that we'll get to find out the sex of the baby sooner than we thought! We're in the process of scheduling the anatomy scan, which can be done anywhere from 18-22 weeks. We are so excited to find out what little LGR will be, and I am so excited to finally be able to start picking things out for the nursery (and if it's a girl, go and buy that GORGEOUS black and red dress I saw at the Gymboree Outlet for next fall/winter :P)
no more heels!? how come? i wore them up until i gave birth!
ReplyDeletewell, i guess i should clarify. i can still wear heels, just not my 4.5" stilettos:P all my heels are pretty much stilettos and 3" or higher and my doctor told me that since my center of gravity was changing it was important to wear shoes where i had more balance, especially as i get bigger. i can still wear smaller heels, and wedges, and wider/chunkier heels, but no more tall stilettos (which is currently my entire shoe collection:P)
ReplyDeletehahaha, oooooh! that makes a little more sense ;-)
ReplyDeletebut you should still get to go shopping for more shoes!