Monday, October 11, 2010

Successful Shopping Trip...Kind of

This weekend, Eric and I had a chance to enjoy the beautiful weather with our families. On Friday evening, we headed down to Aunt Cindy's to hang out with some of Eric's family. We got to see his cousins Frank (who we hadn't seen since the wedding), Duane (who we hadn't seen since before the wedding), and Laura and her son Jordan (the ring bearer at our wedding). It was a gorgeous evening and we got to relax by the fire. The guys enjoyed some cigars and beer and I enjoyed a nice glass of water:) It was so nice to catch up with everyone and the perfect way to start our weekend.

On Saturday we started the day at my parents house and then headed to the outlets to do some shopping. I had been complaining for a while about how none of my clothes really looked right anymore - I'm kind of in an in-between stage right now where everything still technically fits, but nothing looks quite right. So to remedy the situation, we went shopping! We got to the outlets super early (like 10 am) and even got parking right up front! We explored Old Navy for a bit and I found some cute leggings and a long sweater in normal sizes that I think will work for a while. I did get quite frustrated though because I have no idea to shop for my current body. After Old Navy, we went to the maternity store where I tried on a bunch of tops in the hopes that I would find something more suited to my current shape. Two problems with this: 1. I was drowning in the tops - even the small, 2. All the tops and clothes looked like they were designed for 40 year old women. Just because I am pregnant does not mean that I suddenly forgot about fashion or that I don't want to look/feel attractive and stylish! Luckily after the maternity store, the shopping got much better:) I found a very cute purse and wallet and got a couple more very nice (and stylish) sweaters at Banana Republic. We finished off the day with dinner at my parents' house with my brother, Waheed and my Nanima (grandmother), and Khati Masi (aunt).

All in all, a very fabulous weekend! Definitely not ready for another week of work, but I'm crossing my fingers that next weekend will get here quickly:)

No comments:

Post a Comment