Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Don't Feel Pregnant!

I was talking to Eric about this yesterday evening and thought it worthy of blog post. I really don't feel like I'm pregnant yet! I clearly know that I'm pregnant and I'm very thankful that I didn't have crazy morning sickness for 13 weeks, that I don't feel tired all the time, and that I can still button my pre-pregnancy jeans (although with some challenges after about 3 PM), but I'm just wondering...when does this start to feel real? I guess I always expected to feel more real once I heard the heartbeat or had our first ultrasound, and while it felt very real at the time and both those occasions were incredible experiences, it doesn't feel real on a daily basis. Other than giving up drinking and my coffee on the weekends (never really drank coffee during the week), and having to eat something small before I workout in the mornings (I used to go to the gym first thing on an empty stomach - eating before used to make me sick!), nothing in my life has really changed that much.

I'm definitely not complaining about all of that - I think I'm actually pretty lucky that things have stayed close to normal. However, I think that I'm just excited for the time when I really feel pregnant. I'm just not sure when that will be - Will it be when I start having a real bump? Will it be when I start to feel the baby move on a regular basis? I know that I'm going to completely melt into a million pieces once I actually see and hold this child, but until that happens, I'm just wondering when it actually sinks in that I'm growing a human inside of me!

Maybe this lack of sinking in is nature's way of making sure I'm not freaking out on a daily basis or stressing about all the changes that are going to happen soon, because as Eric can attest, I've definitely had crazy freak out moments when I've thought about it too much. I know everything is going to work out - people with a lot less than us manage to do it, so I'm sure we'll be able to as well, but when I stop and really think about it, my mind starts racing in a thousand directions. I'll end with a question for all the moms out there...when did you start to feel pregnant? Was it right away? Was it never? Sometime in between?

No comments:

Post a Comment