Monday, November 1, 2010

Success!

Lately, I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed at the whole thought of parenthood and juggling work, applying to business school and preparing for motherhood. Add on top of that the crazy mood swings that seem to have come out of nowhere and it's made for some pretty interesting times around our house. Thank goodness Eric is so understanding and patient and loving...I seriously don't know what I would do without him:)

This weekend was the perfect way to put behind all those crazy feelings and anxiety and really feel fabulous! Saturday was wonderful and my my husband gets an extra gold star for awesomeness- first we went to Loehman's in an attempt to find some much needed support for my ever growing chest, and to find some shoes that don't have 4 inch heels. Poor Eric was holding 4 bras, a belt, my jacket, and my purse as I tried on a pair of shoes...I wish I had a picture! Luckily, everything fit, looked cute, and was super on sale...success number1 for the day! Next we went to Fair Oaks Mall to check out Gap Maternity...remember how I was complaining that I couldn't quite fit in regular clothes, but maternity clothes were too big? Well, I no longer have that problem! My jeans, that buttoned (snuggly) last week, would barely stay zippered! On the advice of Baby Bargains and friends, I decided that we needed to check out Gap Maternity. Sooo glad we did, b/c I found an amazing pair of jeans and a really cute dress. I am sooo excited to have comfortable jeans again and they look so cute, plus, they're the perfect length for my new lower heels:) I've also decided that I am going to try and wear maternity jeans to Thanksgiving every year from now on...that stretchy panel will be clutch after all that eating:P We wrapped up a wonderful day with a movie and dinner with my parents - a very nice way to start off the weekend.

Sunday also was fabulous! I met up with Liz, who recently moved back to the DC area and has a gorgeous one-year-old daughter. It was so great to meet up with her and her daughter, Audrey, and Audrey was just so much fun to watch and play with...it made me really excited to be able to see and hold and play with our little baby! Plus it was so nice to get some advice and get answers to all those random questions first-time moms have (thanks, Liz!!). Since we're the first one amongst our close group of friends to have kids, it's hard sometimes to find the right people to go to for advice. Of course our moms are awesome sources of advice, but sometimes you just want to talk to someone your age to figure out if the newest gadget/gizmo is worth buying, and where the heck you can go to find cute maternity clothes that don't make you look like you're 40 years old.  After meeting up with Liz, Eric and I headed to DC for a quick photo session. Our cousins Tasanee and Adam got us a Groupon for a photo session as a gift and we couldn't have picked a better day to use it! The weather was gorgeous, and we had some great foliage in the background. After photos, I ran around for the next couple of hours doing errands, grocery shopping and the like, while Eric made an incredible chili which we then enjoyed in front of the TV as we watched some football. It was the perfect end to an awesome weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment