Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Baby on My Birthday?

In one of our earlier posts, I mentioned how Eric was hoping that the baby would be born on my birthday. Well, the past few weeks I feel like I've been seeing so many signs that the baby might actually be born on my birthday. For example, take the clock - about 3 or 4 times in the past 3 weeks, I found myself looking at the clock around 4 PM and when I checked it said 4:18 (which happens to be my birthday). And then, when I was at Nanima's (my grandmother) house I was talking on the phone to my mom, and when I hung up, the timer on the phone said 4:18. And again today when I went to make a call at work, the time on my phone said 4:18 PM. Now this could just be a coincidence and maybe I'm more aware of the times now that Eric mentioned something about having the baby on my birthday, but still...it seems like it's happening way to frequently to not be a sign of something! Plus, even with the difference in due date estimates 4/18/2011 is perfectly reasonably for both...it would put me at 41 wks 5 days if I'm due on April 6 and 39 wks 5 days if I'm due on the April 23...both completely within the normal realm for a first time mom (I heard that the average first time mom usually goes to about 41 wks, but that it is also normal to deliver 2 weeks on either side of your due date). I know at first I was completely not looking forward to being in labor on my birthday if it happened, but now that I'm thinking about it, it would be kind of cool. I mean, it would probably not be the way I'd choose to spend my birthday every year, but how amazing would it be to be reminded every year of my wedding, honeymoon, and the amazing love that I have with my husband that created a new life on each birthday when I look at our child and celebrate it's birthday as well?? I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

1 comment:

  1. sometimes those signs mean something! the week before audrey was born, i had a dream that i had her at 37w5d. it was SUCH a specific dream and i did tell my OB about it, but i brushed it aside because i was prepared for her to be overdue...but, lo & behold, she was born at 37w5d exactly!

    ReplyDelete