Surprise! We had our anatomy scan yesterday afternoon and everything looked really really good. Baby Peks was measuring right at 19 wks 1 day, which was exactly what they told me it should be based on my first ultrasound (well it should be 19 wks 3 days, but that is pretty darn close!). That means that they should officially be pushing back my due date to April 23, annnd that means that there is a very good possibility that this baby will be born on my birthday, just like I thought! The baby's measurements all fell pretty much exactly in the 50% percentile, except for the head which was a bit smaller, but still within the normal range (hoping this means that delivery won't be too bad!!), and our little grain of rice is not so little anymore....it weighs a whopping 10 ounces (+/- 1 ounce)!!
Seeing the baby at the ultrasound was so awesome! It was moving around all over the place and I was amazed at how much we could see. It was really cool to see the spine and the head, but I think for me, the coolest part was seeing the heart beat. I've never seen anything quite like it. LGR still loves the camera and was constantly waving the whole time (I think this part comes from me...and I'm predicting a photogenic baby:P) There was a slight moment of panic when they had to look at my placenta because they thought it was attached to my cervix (since that would mean I have to have a c-section, but no harm to LGR). Luckily it turned out that everything was fine and my placenta was not attached to the cervix.
So I know the question you all want to know the answer to is "what is the sex of the baby??" Well, I'm going to have to leave you hanging on that until the weekend. We're going to Warrenton to see my parents on Saturday and we really wanted to tell them in person, so we're keeping it a secret until we get a chance to tell them. We have told Eric's parents since there's no way to surprise them from here, but I have a very creative and fun reveal planned for my parents (kind of funny because originally we were going to surprise Eric's parents with this reveal since we were supposed to get the ultrasound the day before we went up for Thanksgiving, and just call my parents:P). In any case, I promise to share all the details on Sunday after we have a chance to share the news with my parents. For now, I will just say that we are both very excited! In the past 24 hours I have become obsessed with baby bedding and just found a site where we can design our own...this could get dangerous:P
So happy that we spent Thanksgiving together and especially happy with the update from Tuesdays DR visit. It's so nice that you know everything is perfect with your baby and you can just relax and enjoy the pregnancy. April will be here before we know it and I am offically a Grammie!! I hope spoiling is allowed. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete