Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Another Fabulous Appointment

Today, we had our routine 4 week appointment and I'm happy to report that everything went well! LGR was moving around like crazy and had a very strong heartbeat yet again. Whoever made up the old wives tale that boys have low heart rates and girl have fast ones clearly has not met our little guy! He was in the high 140s again this visit. Weight gain was fabulous - only 2 lbs and the doctor was very happy with that. I also raised my concerns about weight gain but he told me that as long as I was eating healthy and the weight gain was coming from good foods, he wasn't concerned. He was also impressed with my workout routine and that I've been able to keep it up for so long, so all in all a very reassuring visit for me!

On the downside, Dr. Tchabo did tell me that I need to start switching to flats over the next couple months. His main concern was balance and my center of gravity shifting over the next few months. As you can guess, I'm super bummed about this, but I'm not even going to worry about it until after our next appointment. Right now, wearing flats makes my back hurt, so I'm going to avoid them as much as possible and raise the issue at our next appointment if I'm still noticing the same thing.  However, while I was doing some last minute shopping for Sri Lanka, I did pick up a cute pair of flats that I'll try out while we're on vacation...we'll see how it goes:P

No comments:

Post a Comment