Dear LGR,
Please stop jumping on mommy's bladder. I already have a hard enough time trying to control it when I sneeze or cough too hard without added acrobatics. I love that you are active, but maybe you could find another organ to use as your trampoline for the next 4.5 months? Thanks!
Love,
Mommy
In all seriousness though, how come I never knew how much I would value bladder control while I was pregnant?? I knew that after delivery there are sometimes issues, but seriously I feel like an old lady. Oh well, it's a small price to pay and it could be so much worse. As you can tell from my note to LGR, our little boy is an active one! I definitely don't feel him all the time, but when I do feel him he's definitely a squirmy worm. I'm thinking that all the workouts I've been doing are rubbing off on him and we're going to have one active kiddo. In all seriousness though, each day I get more and more excited to meet our son. I can't wait to see what he looks like and to hold him and cuddle him and watch him learn all the things we as adults take for granted, like how a zipper works or the color of the sky or the smell of a rose.
As a follow up to my last post, I'm trying really hard to get more used to my body and not worry so much about the weight gain. It's still a challenge, but it's definitely something I'm working on. I think I definitely look pregnant now, but I'm still really struggling with clothes. I love my maternity jeans and I feel really cute whenever I wear them (and I feel like I actually look pregnant), but I'm still having a hard time finding maternity clothes that aren't designed for older people. Case in point - I bought a dress from Motherhood Maternity online to wear for our upcoming trip to Sri Lanka. When I tried it on it was huge up top, and super long and frumpy looking even though it looked so cute online! And the kicker - I ordered a small! On the bright side, I did find a skirt to wear for the trip in my closet that I can still wear and look cute in, plus I got some cute regular shirts in Old Navy in a size bigger than normal that worked really well. Not sure what I'm going to wear on the beach, but I might be able to make one of my side tie bikinis work - I will apologize in advance for any distress this may cause to onlookers, but I refuse to spend $100+ on a bathing suit that I will wear for 2 days. Regardless of the clothing snafus, I am really really looking forward to our trip to Sri Lanka! It is going to be so great to see family and be in the warm weather and celebrate Shad and Leshika's wedding on New Year's Eve! Eric has always wanted to celebrate New Year's Eve in a different country and I'm so excited that he'll get to do that this year. Plus, it will be a great last trip before LGR makes his appearance and I'm so glad that Shad and Leshika decided to do their wedding in Sri Lanka so we could have an excuse to take such a cool vacation!
Two words - Gap Maternity.
ReplyDeleteSo true! It is currently my favorite maternity store. My only real maternity clothes are from there b/c nothing else fits right. I think I'm going to have to do some major there after our trip, especially now that I actually have a bump!
ReplyDelete