Monday, December 20, 2010

LGRs First Clothes!

This weekend was absolutely fantastic and I can't believe that this time next week we'll be in warm Sri Lanka getting ready to celebrate Shad and Leshika's wedding! Saturday was superb - I had a prenatal massage, did some holiday shopping, saw some family, and we had a fabulous holiday get together and got to see some friends we hadn't seen in a looong time. Sunday, we went to a potluck at a friend's place which was also a blast - I really got my fill of socializing this week and this weekend and feel so rejuvenated after it! In addition to all this socializing, we got to see my brother, Tariq and his girlfriend Raabia and they brought us a surprise...gifts for LGR! Since we're totally impatient, we had to open them right away and we were soo excited to find that they bought the first clothes to date for LGR (and did an amazing job too!) So now, in addition to a crib, dresser, stroller, car seat, and Winkie the lamb (courtesy of Grammie and Papa Skrzypek), our little grain of rice now has some very fashionable clothes! He got a cute little navy blue onesie, an adorable monkey themed pant and shirt set complete with little monkey feet, and, quite possibly the coolest thing ever, a Kenneth Cole leather jacket and jean set!. Here are some pictures of the awesome goodies that Tariq Uncle and Raabia Auntie got for their little nephew:
Mommy's Little Monster
Leather Jacket
Monkey Feet!!
One really cool thing about all the clothes was how real it made it all seem! Eric and I couldn't believe that in just a few more months, LGR would be big enough to fit into these clothes. I think right now he's just about as long as a banana and doesn't even weigh a pound yet. I can't believe that this time next year he's going to fit into that jacket and that he's going to be crawling around and starting to make noises and starting to eat some solid foods! It's just amazing to me how quickly he is going to grow and develop and how much is going to change over the next year. It's already been a pretty eventful year for us - this time last year I was getting ready to go to Abu Dhabi again and we were anxiously awaiting our wedding and now we're getting ready to go to Sri Lanka and anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby, and I wouldn't have it any other way:)

No comments:

Post a Comment