Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Heart V-Day

First off, I absolutely love valentine's day. I know it's a cheesy hallmark holiday, but I really enjoy it - I think it's really important to take the time to reflect on your relationship and find new ways to let your partner know how much you love and appreciate them. Eric and I don't usually do gifts, but we always do cards (which is waaay more important to me) and something special to celebrate. Since we had our Bradley class yesterday, we decided to celebrate a little early over the weekend. We went to an incredible French Restaurant near Capitol Hill and enjoyed a deliciously decadent dinner and a fabulous date. It felt like we were only there for a few minutes, but we actually stayed for nearly 3 hours talking and enjoying each other's company.  Eric knows that I LOVE getting flowers, and usually on Valentine's he'll have some delivered to work, but he couldn't do that this year since I was in an all day client meeting in DC. I felt so bad because I didn't even get to go in the house after my meeting - I literally picked him up infront of the apartment and we went stratight to our class. Being the awesome, thoughtful hubby that he is, he had brough a huge bottle of water and snacks for me since I hadn't had dinner. Annd, even better - when we got home, I saw that he had picked up some of my favorite flowers, some chocolate and of course a card. I'm usually a huge sap, and Eric usually caters to this in the card department, but I am so glad he deviated from it this year b/c I got the best card ever! On the front there was a cartoon penguin couple lying in bed and it said "To my wife, this valentine's day I'm going to give you the one thing you desire most" and on the inside it said "The covers!" and there was a picture of a dog peaking in the room and the hubby shivering and the wife fast asleep with all the covers. it. was. awesome. I couldn't stop laughing. Plus he put the mushy stuff on the back so it was a win-win.  Little Z added to our celebration by giving his daddy some really good kicks to feel while we read him a bedtime story - so strong infact that you could seemy belly move from the outside! All-in-all a very nice valentine's day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment