Friday, January 7, 2011

Time Flies!

As we get ready to head to PA to visit Eric's family today, I can't help but think how quickly the last 6 months have gone by! This time last year we were planning our wedding, which seemed like an eternity away and now our wedding seems like it was another lifetime ago! It's really crazy that we've only been married for 6 months because it feels like so much longer (in a good way!). I can't believe that in a few short months we are going to be parents - it seems like this pregnancy has just flown by and I can't even imagine how fast time will pass once Little Z is actually here. Somehow though, I'm not feeling stressed at all about this. Maybe it's because I can't quite grasp how exhausting/stressful/emotionally draining taking care of an infant is going to be, but for now I'm just so excited to meet our son. As I've mentioned, I'm feeling him more and more each day now and I can't help but wonder how he will look, what his personality will be like, or what his interests will be. I am so excited to be able to watch him learn and to learn from him. I can't wait to give him a bath, read him bedtime stories, and just play with him. I'm so excited to see Eric as a dad because I know he'll be so amazing and I can't wait to snap a couple pictures of Little Z sleeping on his daddy's chest as they both take a nap on the couch. I'm excited to move into a new place and set up a nursery, but what I'm really excited about is creating our family.

For as long as I can remember, the things I've wanted most were to fall in love, get married, and have a family and I can't believe how blessed and lucky I am to be able to have all of those things. As I reflect back on the past year and look forward to all that 2011 has to offer, I can't help but wonder how I got so lucky. I'm not quite sure what I did to deserve all of this, but I am so so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment