Today, Eric and I went to the doctor's for our monthly appointment. It went really well and I only gained 2 lbs. Feels like a small miracle considering all the food we had in Sri Lanka and that it's been restaurant week this week (that equals 2 three course meals in 3 days!). Little Z has a strong heart rate and is still head-down and he kicked up a storm when the doctor had the doptone over my belly. Equally as exciting...we're now moving to appointments ever 2 weeks! In between now and then I have to find time to take my Gestational Diabetes. I am so not looking forward to that, especially since I have to fast beforehand and then drink a sugary drink and then wait 1 hour before getting my blood drawn. I have a feeling that much sugar on an empty stomach is not going to make me feel very good! Oh well, a minor inconvenience to make sure the little guy is OK...I guess I better get used to it! I'm sure I'll have many more inconveniences that will be much more major over the next 18 years:P
In other news, I think my procrastination on MBA applications may have to come to an end. Depending on what due date you go by, I am now either 27 weeks or 29 weeks, and hearing the 29 weeks out loud made me realize how soon we'll get to hold our little boy! That's only 10 more weekends, which means that by the time the next application deadlines come about for the remaining two programs I'm considering (April 15 and June 1), I might be a mom! Now, I know that this makes Eric very happy because my procrastination drives him crazy, but it is putting me in a totally new situation - I'm just not good at writing essays if there isn't the pressure of a deadline. When there's a deadline, I can usually pull out some pretty good stuff, but without the pressure, I don't think I produce work that's as good. Maybe I can make it my goal for the month of February to finish these applications....we'll just have to see how that goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment