As I logged onto the pregnancy app I have for my iPhone this morning, I was shocked and excited to see that the countdown ticker said 100 days till d-day!! I know I just wrote a post about how time flies, but getting down to 100 days makes this seem even more real than before!
In addition to the excitement of the arrival of our son, I'm also currently dealing with a bit of stress, mostly surrounding the whole business school application process. Being the procrastinator that I am, I still have to finish up my essays and finalize my resume. I have actually been working on these for the majority of the week, but I still feel like there is a lot to do. My application is due on Saturday at midnight, so thankfully I have time (and thankfully I have a flexible job where I can go in early and leave early so I can work on these in the afternoon), but I am sure going to be glad when I can just hand all this in and be done!
In other exciting news, we started reading to Little Z this week! When we went up to visit Eric's parents, we were able to bring back some books that his mom had saved from the time her boys were little. It was so much fun to go through the books and see what they had saved. We're going to my parents' house on Sunday (after I turn in my applications:P) so hopefully we'll be able to do the same thing then. Among some of the treasures we found in PA were Henry's Awful Mistake (which was one of my and Eric's favorites when we were little), and Curious George (which I LOVED when I was little ). We've really enjoyed reading to our little guy and it seems to calm him down - he was kicking up a storm before we started reading and once we started, he calmed right down - almost like he knew it was bed time! It is going to be so much fun to read to him once he is born. It's something that I really enjoyed as a kid, and something that Eric feels really strongly about doing for all of our kids, plus we both think it will be a fun ritual to start each night and a great way to spend time together as a family, especially as the kids get older.
No comments:
Post a Comment