This week has been absolutely fantastic! I could not have imagined the transition from Eric being at home to Eric being at work and Zaiden being with Nanima/Khati Masi going any smoother. It has been phenomenal for all of us and it feels like we're settling into a great routine. I have absolutely LOVED having Tuesdays and Thursdays with Zaiden - it seems like those days just fly and we have such a good time together. As busy as I am, I feel like I have so much more patience with him and with everything in general. We had a great time during our days together this week - did lots of reading, explored Costco and the supermarket, went on walks, and sang some songs. Eric and I recently bought a collection of kiddie music and started putting in on and singing along with it to Zaiden. So far his favorite tunes have been Skip to My Lou (because I held him and skipped - talk about a good workout!) and Michael Finnigan. It brings back some great memories singing with him...it reminds me a lot of playing with Waheed when he was a baby. Zaiden is also becoming quite the snugglebug, especially at night! It used to be that I would have to slyly slip my nipple away from his mouth once he fell asleep, but now I have to slyly slip away myself! He's much less interested in eating when he wakes up at night and is much more interested in cuddling/making sure I'm around. I am having some luck with getting him back to sleep without a boob, but it only lasts about 10 minutes an then I nurse him quickly and he's out like a light. I think a lot of that has to do with teething though, but we better get used to it since he'll be cutting teeth for the next couple of years!
In other news, it's been a great week for me and Eric as a couple as well. Even though we've both been tired, I feel like we've had time each night to connect and that makes SUCH a difference. Plus, Eric is sooo much more relaxed/not stressed/not cranky about going back to school this year and I think a lot of that has to do with Zaiden. I think I'm also getting a case of baby fever, which is crazy since Zaiden is only 4 months old, but I can't help it! He's such a good baby and I had such an amazing pregnancy experience and I have SO much energy right now. Don't worry though - we're not planning on adding any new Skrzypeks to the family just yet:) We are, though, getting very excited about another baby in the family...Baby Walsh is due to make his/her debut in March and we couldn't be happier! Tasanee is like a big sister to me and we are both so excited for her and Adam to become parents. Plus, we are so excited that Baby Walsh and Zaiden will be so close in age - there is bound to be a lifelong friendship there:)
As awesome as this week has been, the long weekend promises to be even better. Mama Skrzypek is coming to town this afternoon and we have lots of fun planned! We're making a special dinner tonight, a special breakfast tomorrow, visiting my parents' for lunch, celebrating at a housewarming party, shopping at the outlets, and relaxing on the water all in one weekend! We're also looking forward to seeing friends and family on Monday and I'm hoping with all the extra hands that will be around this weekend, I'll get a chance to do some uninterrupted studying as well:)
No comments:
Post a Comment