We have been super super busy for the past few weeks and I've been dying to update the blog, but between the several "trips" we've taken, nursing and taking care of basic stuff (like showering!) I haven't had any time! We've had some fun adventures and Little Z has grown so much in the past month. Here are some fun highlights:
We celebrated my first mother's day at my parents house! That was Little Z's first "long" trip and we made the 1 hour drive without having to stop! We got there on Friday and stayed until Tuesday morning so it was a long visit. My parents were so excited to have the baby in the house and he had such a good time. Little Z got to meet Tariq Uncle and Raabia Auntie and I got to have my first alcoholic drink since August - 4 delicious sips of a lovely mango margarita made by Raabia:) Little Z also got a very special visit from Aunt Cindy and Uncle Chris since they were in town too! Little Z got a little overstimulated though over the weekend with all the new people. However, after a day of not letting anyone hold him except for Mommy and Daddy, he was back to normal:)
This past weekend we made the first really long trip with Little Z...we went to St. Mary's to visit Eric's family. It was a looooong trip. Usually it takes 4.5 - 5 hrs to drive up if there is no traffic. We left at 11 a.m. on Thursday and it took us 8 hours to get to St. Marys! We started off really well and made it to Breezewood in 2.5 hrs. However, after that it was a smooth downhill tumble and we stopped basically every hour for 30-45 minutes to nurse. Now, this trip probably would have been easier if we were using a pacifier, but we're really trying to hold off on that as long as possible. It probably would have been easier if I was nursing on a schedule, but I'm nursing on demand and plan to continue doing so that's not really an option. The trip back was a little better (7 hrs) though and our visit was a ton of fun! We got to see a bunch of Eric's friends and meet baby Bruno and baby Avery (who is so big! I can't belive our baby will be like that in 5 months!). It was so fun to catch up with everyone and since all the visits were spaced out, it made each day really fun:)
After two such fun weeks full of a ton of yummy (but not so good for you) food, we're finally back home for a couple weeks before heading to Charlottesville for Reunions! That means that I'm back on track with eating and committing to starting up a workout routine again. So for the eating has bee going well and I've been trying to walk for a little bit each day. Next week though I'm hitting the gym for real and starting up with my workouts. I'm so excited to sweat...really sweat and workout and feel exhausted afterwards. It's going to be fantastic. The only reason I'm not starting right now is because Eric is sick and doesn't want to be too close to the baby since he's scared of getting him sick. It actually works out well since it gives me some time to get back on track with eating.
Looking back on the past month, it amazes me how much Zaiden has grown and changed. He went from sleeping all day to being awake a couple hours a day. His features have really come in and his expressions are so precious! I love watching him when he's waking up and squirming. And now when he's awake, it's so cool to watch him explore and take in all the new sights. He loves looking out the window and he make such fun faces when he's looking at me too. Tummy time is really entertaining as well - he loved it from the beginning, but now he's gone from keeping his head up for a few seconds at a time to keeping it up for minutes at a time. He moves his legs at the same time and is now trying to grab onto stuff with his hands to try and move himself. I'm sure we'll have a crawler in no time:P He also kind of gives me a hug now when he's nursing - he'll take whatever hand is below my breast and wrap it around my side/waist. He'll also hold or place his hand on my chest as he's falling asleep. It is the most incredible thing to feel so connected to him so many times a day. I know that they say breast feeding is a great gift that you can give to your baby, but I really think it is a great gift that your baby gives to you. I love the time that we get to spend together each day and even though it takes so much time, it really is precious.
I also have to say that looking back on the past month, I have no idea how I would have gotten through it without Eric being home. I know so many dads have to go back to work after just a week or two and we are so lucky that Eric was able to get a full 6 weeks off work. I just really don't know what I would have done without him! I know he doesn't think he's done much but honestly, it is invaluable to have someone cook, clean, deal with the dog, change diapers, hold a sleeping baby so I can take a shower, and do tummy time so I can go to the bathroom. Just one day with Eric being sick really showed me what it would be like without him and I seriously just about died. I have no idea what I will do when he goes back to work, but I'm glad we still have a couple of weeks to figure it out (and a Moby so I can have both my hands while he's sleeping!).
No comments:
Post a Comment